Email me: lylewisdom@gmail.com

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Augmented Post

In battling evil, excess is good; for he who is moderate in announcing the truth is presenting half-truth. He conceals the other half out of fear of the people's wrath. -Kahlil Gibran


I've never understood this "balance" in life thing myself.






Sometimes I have more to say.  I am not known to write in verse so I thought I would (kind of):


Balance Thing


You know 
I've never understood this balance in life thing.
Balance of good and evil?
I think not.


Balance of health and sickness?
I'll stay well, thank you.


Balance of happy and sad?
Give me a smile any day.


Balance of freedom and slavery?
All of the former, none of the latter please.


Balance of food and poison?
Hold the poison for me.


Balance of education and ignorance?  
Balance of intelligence and stupidity?
Balance of justice and injustice?
Balance of law and anarchy?
Balance of life and death?
Balance of winning and losing?
Balance of wealth and poverty?
Balance of pleasure and pain?
Balance of profit and loss?
Balance of praise and ridicule?
Balance of euphoria and depression?
Balance of friends and enemies?
Balance of courage and cowardice?
Balance of honesty and dishonesty?
Balance of love and hatred?
Truth and lies?
War and peace?
Wisdom and folly?
Swim and sink?
Strength and weakness?
Right and wrong?
Adventure and boredom?


No, I think not.
If you insist I must be balanced
Just go away, for you see
My goal is to be unbalanced
As unbalanced as can be.







No comments: