Email me: lylewisdom@gmail.com

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Augmented Post

Measuring Goodness
Listen, here's what I think. I think we can't go around measuring our goodness by what we don't do. By what we deny ourselves. What we resist, and who we exclude. I think we've got to measure goodness by what we embrace, what we create, and who we include. - From the movie - Chocolat



Because you didn't rob a bank today does not make you a good person but you will find those who try to convince you otherwise using "logic" of this kind.



Dr. Laura recently related a story told by her Rabbi:



A very pious, religious man died and went to heaven. He was met by god at the gates and was sure he would be welcomed in because he had spent his entire life devoted to his religion. God said to him "First, I have a few questions. Have you ever partaken of drink made from my grapes?"
"No, only as required by religious law, otherwise I would do no such thing."
"Have you ever gone on vacation to see the sights of the world."
"Oh no, I was far to busy with my prayers to you."
"Have you married and had children?"
"No, my devotion has always been focused on you."



God sent him straight to hell with these words: "You have failed to appreciate those things which I have given you and for that you will receive the hell you have created."

No comments: