Email me: lylewisdom@gmail.com

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Ford on Faults

Don't find fault, find a remedy. - Henry Ford



I sure see a lot of folks who stop at finding faults. It's the ol' "If they are bad, then I am better." attitude. Push them down so I appear higher. If I prove they are garbage they I must be gold.



One of my hobbies is BBQ so I search for recipes and I always read the reviews. Invariably, if you find a recipe which overwhelmingly receives five stars (out of five) there will be one or two which say it is the worst thing they have ever cooked. Those folks find fault but almost never offer a remedy. They don't say "It was too salty for me so next time I won't use as much." They say "Yuk." They are the ones Henry was speaking to.



The more I learn about Henry Ford the more I like him - I find it hard to find fault with his quotes and I see why he was so successful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another quote helps in finding the solution to the comment on fauld.

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
Henry Ford